Wednesday, July 20, 2016

BEAUTY: Painting--Tanmaya Bingham

In her new series Instinctual Feast, painter Tanmaya Bingham uses the template of ancient allegorical painting to portray the emotional states of, top to bottom below, Compassion, Ecstasy, Lust, Pining, and Pleasure. The photo-realist depiction of people's faces is a marvelous foil for the one-dimensional backgrounds and abstract elements floating around each surrealistic narrative.

Artist Statement:
"The portrayals of my subjects are a direct reflection of my fascination with the human condition. People and animals are often the focal point of my work and act as a beacon of familiarity for the viewer. They are frequently placed within a context that is otherworldly with an oblique or unusual frame of reference. It is through these exaggerated renditions of life that I have cultivated my own style.

Even though my artworks appear to have a photographic quality, they are hand drawn and painted. The realistic 3D elements are primarily rendered in colored pencil while the abstracted 2D elements are typically painted with acrylic. My refined mastery of drawing is a skill I have cultivated since childhood and today view it as core to my art practice."


http://tanmayabingham.com

No comments: